As Chuck writes, things have been quiet around here lately. Part of the reason is because Erin, Madelyn, and I have been traveling, visiting family and friends in North Carolina and Florida, among other things. Though I took a laptop, I didn’t stay online much, since internet was hard to come by at the places we stayed (cheap hotels, state parks, the lake house). But I didn’t find myself pining for the clickity-click, since there was plenty else to do. And the point of vacation, after all, is doing something different.
But now that I’m back for more or less the rest of the summer, except a daytrip or two around Illinois (Peoria, the Quad Cities, maybe Chicago), it’s time to get back into the swing of things not only around the Easterling-Dilger compound, but in this space as well. So here’s a quick recap of summer, so far:
- a weekend trip to a state park, a two-week trip, and a week-long trip;
- spending a lot more time with Madelyn than I did in the spring;
- back to academic reading, which I’ve done too little of since the bee was born;
- preparing two classrooms for major upgrades;
- catching up on a huge backlog of yard work;
- again swimming, and slowly improving my running;
- drafting the syllabi for both of my fall courses;
- having three wisdom teeth removed.
So hopefully in the next week, I’ll be able to write “got my butt back on the weblog” as well.