For quite a while, Erin and I talked about removing the old, worn-out windows from our front porch. Today I did it.
After I cleaned up most of the mess, I immediately took advantage of the “new” space. What a difference; our front room is brighter, too.
I was shocked to find out the frames were still in pretty good shape (the windows, however, are shot). I’m going to reuse most of the lumber to make shelves in the basement–another project which has been on my list for a while. I can reclaim about 20 four foot 2×6 boards for the horizontal pieces, and there’s enough long 2×6 to make the verticals, too. With a little Closetmaid shelving, we’ll be heading toward organizational bliss right quick.