- Jan 5: Madelyn starts the Big Girl sleep plan. I’m happy to say this continues; the Bee is pretty easy to put to bed now.
- Feb 21: I get an awful flu bug, missing classes and losing eight pounds in less than a week.
- Mar 10: A misstep down the stairs, and I sprain my Achilles, putting a serious kink in my running. In the long term, this is a good thing; since then I’ve been swimming and biking pretty regularly and my fitness is much better balanced.
- Apr 28: Our new graduate curriculum is approved. Bye-bye to periodic literature courses; hello to writing studies, theses or exams for everyone, and individual programs of study.
- May 15-25: Erin, Madelyn and I enjoy a great vacation in Wisconsin and Michigan.
- Jun 5: Strawberries! Our yard is full of ’em. We enjoy ice cream, jam, and strawberry pie.
- Jul 22: The awful ugly counters come out of our kitchen.
- Aug 20: My release time technology work ends. I don’t miss this one bit.
- Oct 3: Jeff and I get the contracts for From A to <A>. (Essays are due tomorrow, 1/1/09. One step closer.)
- Oct 27: Amelia is born.
- Dec 19: Our power is knocked out by an ice storm. We spend a night at a friends’ house; the following day I spend 18 hours making up for lost grading time.
All in all, a fine year. Thanks, 2008; more like you, please.