Another good year for my family and me:
- Jan: the Gators win their second football championship in three years, largely due to Percy Harvin and Tim Tebow.
- Feb: we celebrate, realizing Amelia’s sleeping isn’t a fluke. (And we are celebrating still!)
- Mar: we travel to Florida to see family; I enjoy a very productive CCCC.
- Apr: a quick trip to southern Illinois; my brother and his wife meet us for hiking with the girls. Rainy but fun.
- May: we travel to Florida again, seeing different family this time, and friends in Gainesville too.
- June: I get tenure and a raise, and present at MEA with Jeff and Thomas.
- July: we get a new roof and gutters. I present at WPA.
- July: the girls and I spend a long week in Michigan, enjoying beaches from Grand Haven to Traverse City.
- August: We finish our kitchen upgrades.
- September: I ran a personal best in the Quad Cities half-marathon: 1:49:17.
- October: Madelyn and Amelia turn four and one.
- November: WIU approves my request for AY2010-11 sabbatical, not long after my summer stipend is funded as well.
- December: Amelia starts walking! And I finish 2009 with travel to Philadelphia to present at MLA. (More on that soon.)
Once again, a great year, and 2010 looks even better.