For your Super Bowl party, here’s a bit of pure genius from a student, Julie Paxton. One of the joys of working with “non-traditional” students! Don’t expect to hear much about this during the broadcast today…
Pin the Felony on the Football Player!
- Which NFL player was convicted for running a dogfighting operation in 2007?
- Baltimore Ravens players Ray Lewis, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting were indicted on charges of murder and aggravated assault following the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar at a post-Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta. Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted. Lewis was the only one to be sentenced. What misdemeanor did he plead guilty to?
- Johnny Jolly was indefinitely suspended from the NFL Green Bay Packers in July 2010. What was his crime?
- What was Bears player Tank Johnson was arrested for, at his home in Chicago in 2006?
- Who is the Minnesota Viking cornerback currently contesting two charges, including domestic assault by strangulation and third-degree assault for attacking his girlfriend in October 2011?
- In 2004, Jamal Lewis was indicted for a deal he made in summer 2000. What was he indicted for?
- In October 1998, Rams player Leonard Little drank and drove his SUV into Susan Gutweiler’s car, resulting in her death. What felony did he plead guilty to?
- This Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver was recently convicted for trafficking marijuana, which carries a sentence of one to four years in prison?
- Former NFL player and coach Corwin Brown awaits trial on three separate counts for a singular incident. What was the incident?
- What former Detroit Lions running back is serving time at Lovelock Correctional Center for kidnapping, robbery, coercion and conspiracy?
Tiebreaker: According to CBS, what percentage of NFL players have been charged with at least one serious crime, including two murder arrests, seven rape charges, 45 counts of domestic violence and 42 charges of assault and battery?
Answers after the jump.
- Michael Vick
- Obstruction of Justice
- July 8, 2008 possession of over 200 grams of codeine
- Six counts of possessing an unlicensed gun
- Chris Cook
- Federal drug charges – conspiring to possess cocaine with the intent to distribute and using a cell phone in the commission of a crime
- Involuntary Manslaugter
- Jerome Simpson
- Holding his wife hostage with a handgun – one count of class B felony criminal confinement, one count of class C felony criminal confinement, and one count of D Domestic Battery
- O.J. Simpson